Getting Ready
Well. It's 10 days until we embark.
So far, we are going to Odawara, Sapporo for the glorious snow festival, Chiba, Fujiyku and the amusement park there , and then back to Odawara. After that, we'll be going to Tokyo once or twice. During all of this, we are eating delicious food, of course. Half the best things to do in Japan, from what I gather from guide lists like "50 Things to do in Japan", most of it is things you can eat.
Besides that, I think we're seeing some old castles and gardens, if they are open. It is Winter so Mt. Fuji attractions themselves are mostly unavailable. But that's okay.
I like travelling to wintry climes, anyway. I've seen the snow festival in Oslo, which was stellar. Still dreaming of those Fiskburgers.
If Sapporo is half as awesome (but I've heard it's on par or better) it will be so, so good. I can't wait!!!
We are taking an 18 hour ferry ride both there and back. I'm looking forward to it. The ferry has a big room where everyone sleeps in futons about 3 feet apart. It has an eatery, too.
Anyway, getting a bit ahead of myself. We're taking two 52 liter backpacks and that's it for both of us. We're checking one bag for returning gifts, but otherwise, we're Scot free!
CAN'T WAIT.
Comments
Post a Comment